Herbal oils are a rave in the present day scenario. People are settling for remedies that are not just effective but are harmless in the long run. Herbal oils are of various types depending on what herbs are used to prepare the oil. Amongst the popular oils is the Patchouli oil. The oil is extracted from the pogostemon cablin plant which is a bushy herb that belongs to the mint family. The oil is known not just for its health benefits but also for its fragrance.
Here are the top ten reasons why you should be using Patchouli Oil.
- Patchouli oil is best known for its anti depressant properties. The oil not only lifts up your mood and relieves your senses of any tension but also reduces your anxiety and depressed feelings.
- As mentioned earlier, the fragrance of the oil lets it be a part of perfuming your rooms or even in incense sticks for your Pooja room.
- The oil is a popular massage oil and is also used in Aromatherapy for The oil has anti fungal, anti septic, anti viral and anti bacterial properties and hence can be used for any above mentioned related allergies or infections.
- It is a very good skin care oil that prevents skin infections and problems such as acne, drying of skin, scars, etc. It also has anti aging properties that keeps your skin looking young and rejuvenated.
- The oil’s sweet smell also makes a great perfume. It helps it keeping your body odour at bay.
- Adding a few drops of the oil into your clothes before washing them will not only give them a fresh smell but also destroys the bacteria and other microbes that could be in the clothes which will cause allergy.
- Spraying Patchouli oil based liquid in your house will keep away insects, mosquitoes, bugs and other annoying flying creatures.
- It has also shown increased benefits in weight loss, sex related problems, urinary problems and helps in flushing out the toxins and cholesterol from your body.
- Last but not the least, it increases the immunity of your body and hence prevents illnesses like cold, cough, fever, headaches, infections and abdominal problems.
These reasons should cover the most important aspects of your daily life and hence the reason why Patchouli Oil should be a part of your health regime.